Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Are you riding the [Google] Wave?

Have you checked out Google Wave yet?

If not, read up on it really quick, dive in, wade around, and then check back here to let me know what you think.



Google self-describes Google Wave as, "an online tool for real-time communication and colalboration. A wave can be both a conversation and a document where people can discuss and work together using richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more."

I will not lie to you, I love Google. I support almost all of their apps and because of their user-friendliness and creativity inspiring atmosphere, I'll usually choose a Google app over any others.

However, I simply cannot steady myself on this Google Wave. I am trying. I've been in for almost two months now and outside of mediocre conversations on "how we all can't wait for more peopele to be using Google Wave," I have hardly used it at all.

I watched the About Google Wave video and loved watching them plan their vacation, eagerly awaited planning my own events, sharing my own photos and documents, and chatting with Google Wave. However, this hasn't really happened. Perhaps not enough people I know are using it. Perhaps its because its not the preferred file sharing method of our company. Perhaps it is just that we all have discovered how to do all the things it does through other sources. But then again Facebook started slow and amongst college students. But so far I haven't seen Google Wave getting its footing with a certain group.

Do not get me wrong, I am still excited about Google Wave and I cannot wait to hear your success stories from it... and to use it more for myself!

Don't take my opinions for truth though, check out another opinion here.

And then lastly - give me your opinion! I want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment